Ecotech Services supports the Right to Repair concept where the owner of an item can either repair it themselves or take it to a repair centre other than the manufacturers or their authorised agents.
The Right to Repair requires legislation to be enacted by Government.
We support the Right to Repair for a number of reasons:
- to ensure our repair service remains viable
- to support the local economy
- to ensure competition in the the repair sector
- to protect the environment
Our goal of achieving zero e-waste to landfill would be helped to a degree if consumers had the Right to Repair.
- Right to Repair at the Ecotech Services knowledge base