Ecotech Services believes that as well as being ethical in terms of actual trading, businesses should give support to the community where possible.
We have given, or give ongoing support, to the following organisations:
- Molten Media Community Trust
- Starship Foundation (via the mobile phone recycling scheme which no longer operates)
- New Zealand Vintage Machinery Club
- Kiwis for Kiwi (via our Trade Me auctions)
- Kilmarnock Enterprises
- Creative Junk
- Freecycle on the Christchurch group
- Trees for Canterbury through their Carbon Calculator which links to a tree donation and community planting initiative
- Saint Vincent De Paul, Hornby – supply of computer spares
- St John Opportunity shop, Westport
- City Mission – pre-recorded video tapes
- Salvation Army, Sydenham store – donation of cables
- Christchurch Amateur Radio Club (NZART Branch 05) – donation of assorted electronic equipment.
- Foster Hope – refurbished laptops
The level of support for the individual organisations is generally minor. We hope to continue with it into the foreseeable future, although the vagaries of the economy and a desire to grow our business means that our level of commitment to it may vary.
We also encourage volunteers to help us out which in turn can help some sectors of our communities.
Last updated: January 1, 2021 at 11:28 am