Ecotech Services is a licensed secondhand dealer and therefore must adhere to the Secondhand Dealers and Pawnbrokers Act and the Secondhand Dealers and Pawnbrokers Regulations. Our licence can be viewed on the public register at the Ministry of Justice.
As a customer transferring ownership of goods to us:
- you must be able to readily view a certified copy of our secondhand dealers licence
- if selling goods to us you must supply full name, contact address, and contact telephone number (if any)
- if selling goods to us you must supply suitable proof of identity, or date of birth and a signature.
As a second hand dealer we have an obligation to report any stolen goods or goods that are suspected to be stolen.
We do not offer a pawnbroker service.
- Secondhand Dealers and Pawnbrokers Act at the Ministry of Justice
- Public register of Secondhand Dealers and Pawnbrokers
- Secondhand Dealers and Pawnbrokers Act at the New Zealand Police
- Serial Number Action Partnership (SNAP) – a serial number recording service in partnership with the New Zealand Police